We ask that you please treat the pool attendant with respect. The attendant is enforcing rules and guidelines set by the Board of Directors. We formulate these rules and guidelines out of concern for the health and safety of our community as well as in accordance with local health guidelines and orders. If you have an issue with them, do let Goodwin know and we’ll be happy to discuss them with you. There is absolutely zero tolerance for disrespecting our pool attendants and we will revoke access for the remainder of the season as well as assess an incurable violation with fine.
Many communities are not opening their pool up at all and it was a tough decision for us to make. If residents won’t follow the precautions outlined, we will have no choice but to close the pool as the health department will revoke our permit to operate a commercial pool.
As a reminder, the following required precautions are in place due to COVID-19:
– No guests due to occupancy limits in place. If pool is at capacity, please limit your visit to 90 minutes to ensure everyone has an opportunity to use the pool.
– Temperature is being taken at check-in, you will not be allowed in the pool area if you have a temperature of 99.6 F or higher or any other symptoms of a respiratory illness.
– Masks are required for all patrons age 5 and above except for when in the pool.
– Social distancing is required; please stay 6 feet away from other patrons except those in your household.
– Food is not allowed in the pool or pool area.
– Water fountains are out of service but we do have a hands-free water bottle filling station available.
– Disinfectant wipes are available for your use on pool furniture upon request.
We want everyone to have a great time at the pool and we are happy to be able to have it open with these precautions. The health and safety of our community, vendors, and volunteers are our utmost priority and we ask for your help in ensuring that we remain a healthy and safe community.
As you may have heard, Travis County issued a new order requiring commercial entities to require the public to wear masks.
In accordance with the new order and concern for our community, we will be making a few changes effective Saturday, June 20th:
– Masks will be required for all residents age 5 and above when not in the pool
– Pool occupancy will be slightly reduced to help with social distancing.
– If the pool is at capacity, we ask that you limit your visits to 90 minutes to ensure everyone has an opportunity to use the pool.
We reiterate the importance of maintaining social distancing in and out of the pool. Please be mindful of other residents and our staff.
While the water fountains are still turned off, we’re happy to announce we installed a chilled filtered water bottle filling station.
We also have disinfectant wipes available for your use on the furniture around the pool if you desire.
Board of Directors
As you’ve probably heard or read about, Travis County has extended the stay at home order until June 15th. In accordance with the extension, we don’t believe it is safe to open the pool on Memorial Day as previously communicated due to a continued increase in cases of COVID-19 in the Central Texas area. We’re preparing to open the pool on June 15th with some extra precautions in place.
As in prior years, we will have a pool attendant on duty when the pool is open, but you’ll notice a few differences:
1. Occupancy will be limited in accordance with local public health guidelines. Due to these limits, guests are temporarily not permitted. With 1460 homes in our community, we will quickly reach the occupancy limit with our residents.
2. Temperatures will be checked at point of entry. If you’re experiencing or have experienced a fever greater than 99.6 F or any other symptoms of a respiratory illness in the last 14 days, we ask that you please stay home.
3. Food will not be permitted within the pool area. The water fountains will be out of service, we recommend you bring bottled water instead.
4. Social distancing will be required, you must stay 6 feet away from patrons outside your household in and out of the pool.
Please understand that even with these precautions in place, it is not without risk and we ask that you use your own judgement in using our amenities.
Since the circumstances surrounding the pandemic tend to change on frequent basis, we will continue to monitor the progress and make modifications necessary throughout the year to protect the health and safety of our community.
We understand these precautions may be a slight inconvenience, but the health and safety of our residents and vendors are our top priority.
Board of Directors
After much thought and consideration, the Board has decided to delay opening the pool until Memorial Day. We were excited to offer weekends in May, but with the COVID-19 situation, we aren’t confident we will be able to do so. We rely on several vendors to maintain and manage the pool and feel it is only right by their employees to give as much notice as possible. We are continually monitoring the situation and will update you if there are any further changes to the pool schedule.
Board of Directors
Brookfield Owners Association